Certification in Service Provider Transitions for Specialists of Retirement Plan Advisor Teams and Retirement Plan TPA Firms
June 12/13, 2018
ProMotion is a knowledge development and certification program for service provider transition specialists of retirement plan advisor practices and retirement plan Third-Party Administration firms. Attendees who receive an 80% passing grade upon completion of the course receive the Transition Superstar designation.
At this one-of-a-kind event, attendees will:
- Acquire advanced knowledge of the retirement plan provider transition process
- Perform in-person due diligence of the new business implementation teams of 10+ major recordkeeping service providers
- Discuss provider transition practices and case-in-point examples with your peers and providers
- Provide input and feedback to a consortium of retirement plan recordkeeping service providers
- Participate in an industry initiative to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the retirement plans business
- Become a Certified Transition Superstar
ProMotion is particularly relevant to associates of retirement plan advisory practices and third-party administrator firms responsible for successfully transitioning plans from one provider to the next.
- Retirement plan investment advisors
- Third party administration firm owners and partners
- Client relationship managers of retirement plan advisory practices
- Operations managers of plan advisory practices
- Technical consultants of TPA firms
- Others with responsibility for transitioning defined contribution plan service providers
Seven hours of fun educational experience.
- Two formal learning sessions
- Provider due diligence round-robin exhibit hall
- One timeslot for breakout peer best practice discussions
- On-line quiz to attest of your educational achievement
- One short session of take-aways, discussions, recommendations and next steps
Featured recordkeeping service providers:
- List to be announced
June 12, 2018
6:00p.m. Pre-event Dinner at The Picnic House
June 13, 2018
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Sessions
Breakfast starting at 8:00 a.m.
University of Portland
5000 N. Willamette Boulevard
Portland, OR 97203
June 12, 2018
6:00 p.m. Pre-event Dinner at The Picnic House
June 13, 2018
9:00 a.m. Orientation and Introduction
9:30 a.m. Keys to Successful Provider Transitions: Goals, Process, Timeline, Advisor Role, Service Models, and Considerations
10:30 a.m. Refreshment Break – Due Diligence Hall
11:00 a.m. Successful Plan and Payroll Data Management – Moderated TPA and Advisor panel
12:00 p.m. Hospitality Lunch and Provider Transition Team Due Diligence – Due Diligence Hall
2:00 p.m. Moderated Roundtable Discussions by Topic
- Investment array decisions: Conversion strategy selection, mapping considerations, array finalization
- Documentation: Plan design, and services agreement
- Compliance and participant communication
- Payroll data and outsourced services
- Data validation
3:30 p.m. Take-aways, Recommendations, Test Instructions, and Next Steps (General Session – Terrace Room)
4:00 p.m. Adjourn
723 SW Salmon Street
Portland, OR 97205
A small block of rooms has been reserved at the Duniway Portland - A Hilton Hotel. The cost is $179.00 per night not including taxes and incidentals (payment due at checkout time.) For reservations please contact the hotel directly by April 25, 2018 (be sure to call early before the room block fills) and have the reservations agent enter the three letter code EAC to receive the room block rate. Please call 1-800-HILTONS or 1-503-553-7000.
The Duniway Portland - A Hilton Hotel
545 SW Taylor
Portland, OR 97204
Transportation provided from The Duniway Portland to Portland University and directly to the airport at the conclusion of the meeting.
Other Downtown Portland Hotels :
AC Hotel Portland Downtown
888 SW Third Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
525 SW Morrison
Portland, OR, 97204
$300 (waived for qualified applicants)
To obtain a registration waiver, please contact one of the participating recordkeeping service providers.
There is no additional cost to maintain your certification for the first three years following your successful completion of the program.
EACH Enterprise, LLC will refund your registration fee if you cancel on or before April 30, 2018. For cancellations between May 1, 2018 and May 31, 2018, EACH Enterprise, LLC will refund your registration fee minus an administration fee of $175. No refunds for cancellations after May 31, 2018. In the unlikely event that the number of registered attendees falls short of expectations, EACH Enterprise, LLC will refund the entire registration fee.