Retirement Company CEO Roundtable
Strategic Issues: Technology Disruptors, Retirement Sector Financials, Distribution of the Future, Industry Ecosystem
February 21, 2018 in Dresher, PA
Hosted by: Ascensus
*Registration requires an invitation code
At this roundtable, Chief Executives of Retirement Plan Product and Service Providers will discuss strategic issues facing their firms and the industry in the next 3 – 7 years. These informal discussions are organized around topics suggested in the registration process. There are no minutes of this meeting.
Attendance is by invitation only. The invitation is extended to Business Unit Heads of top-40 retirement plan product and service providers. No substitute.
- Need for retirement business unit heads to discuss strategic issues at a time of unprecedented pressure in the industry
- No existing forum for informal peer discussions among business unit heads
- Benefit to meeting once or twice a year to discuss big issues of the day
The in-person foundational meeting will be preceded by two one-hour conference calls where CEOs exchange views on shared interests and industry priorities
- Tuesday October 31, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern / 1:00 p.m. Pacific.
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 3:30 p.m. Eastern / 12:30 p.m. Pacific.
February 20, 2018 starting at 7 p.m.
Pre-event networking dinner:
February 21, 2018
8:00 a.m. - Continental breaksfast
8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Sessions
Ascensus Conference Center
200 Dryden Road
Dresher, PA 19025
Distribution of the future
- What is on the mind of plan advisors and consultants?
- How will succession plans affect the business?
- How will retirement plan distribution be structured five years from now?
- What will be the respective share of consultants, Registered Investment Advisors, Broker-dealer firms, agents, direct, new intermediaries we have not yet thought about?
Retirement sector financials
- Will stand-alone retirement plan service continue to be profitable or is the sector slowly becoming an after-market business for all providers?
- What are the conditions of success of an after-market business model?
Technology – balancing security, functionality, and ease of access
- How do we enhance services to plan sponsors, participants, advisors,provide easier access to data and greater integration with outside data, and minimize development risk and cybersecurity risk?
- What is the outer limit of efficiency gains achievable with artificial intelligence and robotics?
- When will the threat of cybersecurity abate?
- Regulatory, legal, and judicial framework: Retirement market implications, opportunities, and strategies around Tax Reform, MEPs, state run retirement plans, etc.
- Delivering financial wellness to individual participants
- Competing with other economic sectors for employer and employee dollar
- Industry talent pool direction industry representation and leadership
Agile Organization – Benefits and implementation
- How can our firms benefit of novel organizational structures leveraging centers of excellence / agile teams / Kanban method / SCRUM development teams / and swarming?
- How to adapt company practices in areas such as HR Management (Recruiting, compensation) to keep up with the requirements of an agile organization?
- How do we guide cost sharing of resources among product lines / business units in an agile organization?
Other topics sugested by registered business unit heads
8:00 a.m Continental breakfast buffet
8:30 a.m. Welcome, purpose, goals and objectives, introductions and hot topics
8:45 a.m. Roundtable discussions - Sector financials
9:45 a.m. Break
10:00 a.m. Emerging disruptor technologies
Guest Speaker - Ian Sheridan, Principal & Co-founder, Vestigo Ventures
11:00 a.m. Roundtable discussions - Hot topics - technology
12:00 p.m. Luncheon
1:00 p.m. Roundtable discussions - Distribution of the Future
2:00 p.m. Roundtable discussions – Industry ecosystem and hot topics
2:30 p.m. Action plan and next steps
3:00 p.m. Adjourn
February 20, 2018 at 7 p.m.
William Penn Inn
1017 Dekalb Pike
Ambler, PA 19002
William Penn Inn
1017 Dekalb Pike
Ambler, PA 19002
Normandy Farm Hotel
1401 Morris Road
Blue Bell, PA 19422
3 Walnut Grove Drive
Horsham, PA 19044
Registration requires an invitation code.
Payments by credit card, debit card, check or bank transfer.
Registration Deadline and Cost Per Attendee
|Registration deadline:||Registration Fee|
|On or before December 31, 2017||$3500|
|After December 31, 2017||$4250|
EACH Enterprise, LLC will refund your entire meeting fee if you cancel on or before January 15, 2018. For cancellations between January 15, 2018 and January 31, 2018, EACH Enterprise, LLC will refund your registration fee minus an administration fee of $175. No refunds for cancellations after January 31, 2018. In the unlikely event that the number of registered attendees falls short of expectations, EACH Enterprise, LLC will refund the entire registration fee.